We have a few crops that are in the mini-greenhouse ready to go out into the veg plot now. The tomatoes are looking very healthy and are growing at a rapid rate, as is the single yellow courgette plant, which we intend to plant in a bucket of manure and compost. The peas continue their slow development. The kale seedlings don’t seem to be in much of a hurry, but the runner beans and French beans are racing to be planted out. Our second attempt at growing celeriac seems to be heading for disaster again, as the seedlings are steadily going yellow and wilting, despite being brought indoors.
All posts tagged herbs
- Celeriac seedlings in peril
- Herbs: bronze fennel, garden mint, peppermint, lemon verbena, French tarragon, oregano, lemon balm
- Kale seedlings and runner beans and French beans
- Tomatoes and courgette outgrowing the greenhouse
- Golden raspberries
- Tidied and repotted herbs, sweet peas and strawberries
- Repotted olive tree, lavender and currant trees
- Spring onion, lettuce, rocket, mustard, celeriac and aubergine seeds
- Chantenay carrot seeds sown in a bucket
- Bee hotel
- Large rhubarb leaves
- Support for golden raspberries
With a spell of dry weather and sunshine, we have been able to get out into the garden to begin tidying up some of the mayhem from the long wet winter months, and sort out the plants that are beginning to grow again.